New South Wales
Issues for Committee Members to Consider
Operation of the Committee
- Do you know that the strata manager is precluded from being a member of the committee and cannot chair a meeting of the committee or the corporation?
- Do you have the contact details for all your fellow committee members?
- Do you have access to the corporate register of the corporation for the contact details of all the owners and residents, including the tenants of the strata complex?
- Do you know what your obligations as a committee member are?
- Do you understand when and how to apply the corporation's common seal?
- Do you have access to all the documents necessary to make decisions about the corporation budget for the year?
- Strata Management Agreement
- Do you have the contact details of your strata manager? Does the strata manager promptly respond to your calls and emails? Can you contact the strata manager after business hours?
- Do you have access to a copy of the management agreement between the corporation and the strata manager?after business hours? Do you have access to a copy of the management agreement between the corporation and the strata manager? What services does the agreement provide for the owners corporation? What are the additional charges for services such as attending after business hours meetings of the owners or executive committee? Does the agreement provide for services for any non-common property? Does the strata manager pass on to the owners corporation or keep for themselves any rebates which suppliers or service providers might pay for having business with the corporation?